Hello! I’m very excited to be Salon Skincare’s beauty blogger of the month as it’s a website I frequently use to fuel my beauty addiction. I have a blog called Truthfully Ella where I write about my latest beauty loves, with a few lifestyle posts thrown in for good measure.
I recently came back from a holiday (in much sunnier climes) and the first thing I noticed was the autumnal freshness in the air. As the season changes, your beauty routine needs to adapt accordingly. So today I have gathered some of my favourite beauty products that’ll help keep your skin, make-up, hair and body looking great as the weather gets colder.
2. Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel – 50ml – £32.00. If you want to keep flaky skin at bay but are wary of using a harsh exfoliator on weather-sensitive skin, then this is ideal. Infused with papaya and pineapple fruit enzymes, this Elemis peel is a smooth, cream that gently exfoliates the skin, with a delicious fruity fragrance. All you have to do is apply it to cleansed skin and leave for 10-15 minutes before washing it off to reveal baby soft skin.
3. GLAMGLOW Super-Mud Clearing Treatment – 34g – £44.99. This SUPERMUD claims to be the world’s most scientifically advanced clearing treatment and basically does anything you could think of in terms of ways to improve your skin – the perfect transitional skincare product. It may seem a tad pricey at first glance, but it’s very concentrated so you only have to use the smallest amount and it’s not something you should be using too regularly. If my skin is really acting up, whether it’s stress related or time of the month, then I reach for this. I find it immediately clears any congestion, revealing clearer looking skin. It’s what I would call a proper clay mask, so make sure you remember you have it on when answering the door to the postman!
4. St. Tropez Everyday Body Light/Medium – 200ml – £14.30. While a mud mask may not leave you feeling your most glamorous, a glowing tan most definitely will. I personally am a fan of looking healthily bronzed all year round and this is one of the best gradual self-tans I’ve found for that. It’s virtually streak-free, keeps skin hydrated, doesn’t smell strange and leaves a nice golden glow without it being obvious you’re faking it.
5. KMS california Tame Frizz Taming Creme – 125ml – £14.50. Central heating can leave hair feeling particularly flyaway or static, so this is fantastic for holding your hairstyle in place. You apply a small amount to wet hair before blow drying to control any frizziness with a light, non-sticky hold. I have quite fine hair and I don’t have a problem with this building up in my hair. I think this is particularly good against that drizzly rain we can’t seem to escape. The tube is huge too, so it lasts a while.
6. New CID i-glow Compact Pink Shimmer Powder with Mirror – £25. Now that your skin, body and hair are autumn-proofed, a couple of changes in the make-up department will go a long way in refreshing your look for the new season. For those familiar with New CID, I’m sure you’ll join me in agreeing that the make-up is of an amazing quality. I’ve chosen this powder because of it’s skin-brightening effect. Skin can look a little grey and lifeless in dull weather, so this is perfect to add a touch of colour and radiance to your face. I like to use this on its own as a blush/highlighter, but you could also use it on top of your favourite blush to give it a bit more dimension. The finish is lovely and creamy on the skin. It’s also a baked product, so don’t worry about it catching on any dry bits.
7. New CID i-gloss Light-Up Lip Gloss with Mirror – £17. I wish I’d been the one to think of this revolutionary lip gloss! With a light in the lid and a mirror on the side, this is great for applying on-the-go or in places with poor lighting. Packaging aside, the lipgloss is rather good too. It’s not gloopy and has a brush applicator, which I prefer for a more precise application. The colour I have is ‘tickled pink’ which matches the shimmer powder perfectly, but ‘coconut ice’ (a nude shade) is next on my list!
So those are my top beauty picks to kickstart your autumn beauty routine.
I’d love to hear your recommendations!